Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm not much of a blogger




I'm a Stay at Home Wife, Mom, and Grandmother. Dwight and I will celebrate our 34th Anniversary in November. I'm an Army Mom and Mom-in-law. Jonathan, our son, is stationed at Fort Wainwright, Alaska but is currently in Iraq. He is married and has 4 children. Mary Margaret just turned 7 on Feb. 5th. Zora Melissa will be 6 on August 27th. Jonathan, Jr. or JJ as I call him, turned 3 on January 19th. Rebecca Marie was 1 year old on Janurary 8th. I went to Alaska to be there when she was born. I got there Janurary 1st and left February 23. It is beautiful up there. It's cold but it's a dry cold which is different from down here in Alabama. One day while I was there the temperature at 11:30 a.m. was -54 degrees (yes, 54 BELOW zero!!). That was a day I didn't go outside!! Two weeks later it was 40 ABOVE zero. It was HOT that day! Think about it, that was almost 90 degree rise in temperature!!
Vivian, our daughter, is married to Nathan Miller. They are stationed at Fort Campbell, Kentucky which is only 8 1/2 hour drive from here! They have one little boy, Nathaniel who will be 3 on March 23. He weighed 9 lbs and 13 oz and was 22 inches long. Yes, Vivian had to have a C-Section with him. He was born at 11:22 p.m and his Papaw (Dwight) was upset that they didn't wait until after midnight to do the surgery because then Nathaniel would have been born on Papaw's birthday!
Well, guess I'll get off for now. I'll try to blog more often.

1 comment: